According to a recent survey, conducted by Service Works Group, Facility managers need to have a clear picture of how FM technology can demonstrate the long-term value of facilities management through improved data quality, auditability, and compliance.
The key areas where FM software has delivered significant business benefits are:
- Increased FM efficiency, as stated by 73% of respondents
- Improved auditability for 72% of organisations
- Health and Safety compliance, according to 60% of respondents
- Improved KPI & SLA Performance, for 56% of businesses
- Cost savings, which were secured by 54% of respondents
There are so many different tools, technologies, strategies and systems available when it comes to FM, that is getting hard to keep up with all the acronyms that identify them. Between CAFM, CMMS, IWMS, MMS, FMIS to just name a few, the survey revealed that over 40 per cent of respondents believe that those acronyms describe products with broadly similar functionality and 25 per cent are unclear about any differences.
Self-service technology and mobile capability were defined as FM strategy’s future key.