Navigant Research released a new white paper listing the main trends for 2016 showing just how much the facility management industry has evolved when it comes to technology for smart buildings.
Tenants and employees have become more demanding than ever before when it comes to facilities and the services they should offer and provide. Intelligent buildings are leading the way into the future, combining many different technologies and solutions to make life more comfortable, easier and safer. In this context, mobile facility management, facility management software and smart apps, play a key role.
Smart buildings bring many benefits to their owners like optimized comfort and performance for sustainability and occupant satisfaction, maximized occupancy and asset valuation for commercial real estate, cost savings from operational improvements and energy efficiency to building owners, and also improved power reliability and resiliency to meet energy provider goals and mandates.
Here are the the trends for 2016 according to Navigant Research’s latest white paper listing:
- Building energy management systems (BEMSs) will deliver benefits beyond energy efficiency.
- The energy cloud will redefine buildings as energy assets.
- Climate change policy will mandate efficiency in buildings.
- Intelligent buildings will optimize the occupant experience.
- Innovative financing opportunities will disrupt the market.
- Cyber security will be a key differentiator between intelligent building solutions.
- Hardware and software analytics will improve health in buildings.
- Intelligent building water management will emerge as a priority for innovators.
- Smart cities will drive the development of intelligent buildings.
- Electric utilities and energy providers will ramp investment in BEMSs.